Prescription Disposal Service





Do you have medications that are expired or that you are no longer going to use?


The El Paso County Hazardous Waste Disposal Facility will take back non-controlled substances from your household for FREE at any time.


Just put the items in a zip-lock bag and take it to their facility. A donation of non-perishable food items for the Care & Share food bank is encouraged.

For controlled substances such as Schedule II-IV (tramadol among others),the DEA recommends that the pills are crushed and mixed into either cat litter or coffee grounds, then disposed of in the trash.